Saturday, July 23, 2005

Pink or Blue?! Warm or Cold?! What's with all the contradictions?!

I sat be the dazzling turquise-blue sea holding a beautiful pink flower. I couldn't take my eyes off the beauty of that flower and I thought to myself: "Isn't pink just the most beautiful color in the world?! So warm, so full of emotions..". Then it struck me how I'd considered blue to be my favorite color for some years now, especially the blue of the sea and swimming pool water. I love it so much because it signifies purity to me (beside my natural attachment to the water), yet I also recall that when asked once I said I love it because it's a cold color! Now what?! Another contradiction coming out to the surface right before my eyes.. I mean, let alone the fact that I'm unable to stick to a favorite color, the problem lies in the justification for choosing those colors.. I love pink so much because it's a warm color, yet I love blue so much also, but because it's a cold color!! Which one of these is the real me? Which is the default and which is the exception? How are things truely inside? Is it originally warm inside and it was me who was trying to make it colder (or make it seem colder to me and to everyone else). Or is it naturally cold inside but it's getting warmer under special circumstances?! I feel that neither of these are quite true. I feel I have them both inside, both are very intense, both at such extremes, but each gets triggers by certain situations. I'm finding it hard to deal with those extremes inside, i mean people tell me I sound like I'm 200% Feeling at times while at others I sound like I'm 200% Thinking and it confuses them so much! If it's so difficult for me to understand myself, then how am I expecting any other person to understand me?!!

I took one look at the flower and another at the sea, may be I was trying to make a comparison and decide once and for all which color I like better, yet the sight of the blue sea as the background for the pink flower bedazzled me!! The two of them looked amazing together. The contrast between them brought out something new in both of them and gave extra beauty for both. Each of them livened up the other! It got me thinking.. may be I should just accept having both sides inside and consider them an enriching combination instead of struggling contradictions? May be I should make a peace treaty for all the different sides in me. It sounds like a good idea, but still the same problem persists; how are people supposed to know who they are dealing with? It makes me so unpredictable, too hard to understand..

1 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I think balance is the solution, to control these sides and decide which one to come to the forth and which to retire for a while, to let out the one which suits the situation .. I think then , there'll be no confusions to others nor yourself.

As for colors, I don't think blue is a cold color, I see it as a serene, calm , pure, deep, mysterious with hidden powers.. I love it , it's the default color for me :)
And the second favorite is purple, which is a mix of red and blue :D …I like it too. Don't know yet the reasons for liking it.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home