Sunday, July 17, 2005

Too Scientific For Me

I don't like to too scientific, too rational approach for explaining everything inside us and everything around us. Regarding the human understanding as a process carried out by the brain, which in turn is nothing more than a collection of nerve cells emitting and receiving chemicals and electric signals, not to mention of course considering the heart as nothing more than a blood pump. It also follows that love is caused by nothing more than high concentrations of some chemicals in the brain, and the mother's feeling her kid might be in danger is caused by the flow of some electromagnetic waves. Of course none of these is very accurate, but just examples I could vaguely recall and 'cos I have a bad memory. But that's just the idea. We, humans don't like it when there are things that we don't fully understand. We do our best to explain everything according to our own logic, which is naturally limited, since we are God's creations, a subset of a whole, and there's no guarantee our logic and ration is mature enough to understand the whole. There is nothing wrong with trying of course, but sometimes in our attempt to understand some things we simplify them to a degradatory extent. We rid the deepest and most meaningful things in our lives into mere scientific facts and processes. Still I'm not against science for sure. It's just that I don't feel comfortable with the too scientific too practical aproach. Sometimes I feel that things lose their magic when we try to give them logical or scientific explanations. May be I just love undisclosed mysteries?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

:)
ok, u have a point, human nature is to find logic out of nothing.. just to relieve their brains from believing in higher powers or to prove for their selves that they master the universe with their logic.
I believe in extraordinary powers .. I find it contradicting… as I'm considered practical and rational, but I believe deeply in matters out of my box.. which is brain and logic..
Not being able to prove something, doesn’t make it wrong!!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Katara said...

Yup Yup Yupp
totally with youuu :)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home