Thursday, July 14, 2005

Songwords snippets that catch my ears

Since I'm staying in the North Coast these days with nothing to do, I started to listen to some of the old cassette tapes I've had for years and I thought of extracting some snippets that catch my ears. I will be adding to this post as I find more.

".. And we cry.. those tears of Pearls.. All these mixed emotions we keep.. locked away like stolen pearls.. Stolen Pearl devotions that we.. keep away from all the world.."-Tears of Pearls, Savage Garden.

".. Looking out to the sea.. for a wave to carry all my fantasies.. " Adapted from a Savage Garden song mosh fakra esmaha :D

"Don't turn away.. don't give up to the pain.. don't try to hide.. though they're screaming your name.. don't close your eyes.. God knows what lies behind them.. don't turn out the light.. Never Sleep Never Die!"-Evanescence

"I'm frightened by what I see.. but somehow I know there's much more to come.. Immobilized by my fear and soon to be blinded by tears."-Evanescence

"I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away.. IF I will it all away..."-Evanescence

I tried to pick my fave parts from Imaginary, Whisper and Bring me to Life but it was too tough since they'r more than lovely.. esp. Bring me to Life.. I consider it my National Anthem :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

(Y)Evanescence is the best
I love their philosphical way of expressing feelings.

Favourite parts of their songs:-
"closing your eyes to disappear but still you wake and know the truth no one's there"

"I want to go back to believing in everything ..and knowing nothing at all"

"how can you see into my eyes like open doors? leading you down into my core where I've become so numb"

"if I smile and don't believe, soon I know I'll wake from this dream"

"But the imprint is always there, nothing is ever really forgotten"

3:47 AM  
Blogger Katara said...

yeah thumbs up Rain :D
I adore Evanescence!!
There's also that part of Bring me to life, it catches my ears yet scares me a lot:
"It was just a lie.. There's nothing inside.." I was hoping there could be a happier ending for that song specifically 'cos sometimes I feel it reflects a lot of what I have inside.. I hope my own story would take a different path than discovering there's nothing inside, or discovering it used to be there but I lost it somehow..

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home