Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Use Cases for my life!

The idea was sparked by yesterday's exam question asking about Use Cases, to which I gave an informal reply saying they are like written stories or scenarios of interaction between the user and the system, where we have a happy path of events, where all the desirable events occur and everything goes nice and smooth, and other alternative events, where something goes wrong and you mention how they should be handled.

The idea jumped to my head to try writing some use cases for scenarios that could happen in my life; mentioning the happy path and the alternatives. Yet I find it too tricky... I can't seem to figure out what I really want. Even the things I might vaguely think I'd want, I'm not sure if they'd really make me happy or not. You never really know what's truely good for you and what's truely bad.. not to mention being in the state of confusion I'm currently in, you know, a 22 yrs old not knowing what to do with her life.

Anyways.. I don't seem to give up on the idea of use cases :P I think it might help me see at least what I guess I want and get out my inner fears in the alternative paths section. I might even look at it a couple of years later and laugh :) Yet that takes me to the question of whether I should have all that published over here or not, I'm not sure if it's safe to let out my dreams and fears out keda in the public (Shell ba2a we 7agat keda) :P But I'll see what I think about that once I get them written.

I'm gonna be spending like 10 days keda ISA in the north coast, ha33od akteb ba2a use cases bera7ty wa3mel analysis we heessa :D If I got some decent, not sounding too psychotic output I might think about writing it here :P

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

mmm..that sounds like a great idea, I mean concerning the use cases.
Unfortunately , I don't have good experience in this area.. as I was CS , but u were IS so I'm sure u'll do great :P.. at least better than me ;)

Hope u enjoy ur time in the North Coast :)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Katara said...

I can give you a crash course Rain no problem ;) May be a complete UML course kaman to be able to design conceptual diagrams for things and ppl in one's life we kessas keda :D
ana lassa3t 7'alaass :P

It's too boring over here in the North Coast.. I'm doing a lot of writing to let the time pass..

9:47 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Missing u here in Cairo (F)
great to be in touch with u this way :)

3:38 AM  
Blogger Katara said...

Thanks Rain :)
Missing you too so much and missing everyone over there...
I wish I could come back so sooon.
I know that'd sound weird, yet I'd rather spend this week going to college eveyday and finding everyone there and have a good laugh like the good old days.. I get too melancholic when I'm left to myself here..

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home