Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Feng Shui!! :D

Yesterday I read some parts of a book I'd bought from the book fair. It talks about something called Feng Shui, which is some classical chinese method of setting things in appropriate ordering to allow positive energy to flow. Feng means wind and Shui means water. Water is the
element of nature that can not be held while wind is an element that can not be seen. The combination of the two in the Feng Shui name points out that it deals with the invisible forces in people's lives and shows how mysterious that Feng Shui is. Indeed I found it mysterious, yet amusing at the same time. I love ancient eastern civilizations (the chinese and Indian on top of the list). I believe those ppl had soo much wisdom that we nowadays lack. I love reading books about such stuff, those talking about invisible forces and spirituals. It kinda takes me away from the materialistic world we'r living in these days. Back to Feng Shui now; they say that having
'karakieb' at home can be a reason for blocking energy from flowing there. It says that when you keep them they kinda tie you down. Having too many things kept from the past could block new things from coming your way since there is not enough room for them. According to the book
there are areas in the house related to knwoledge, wisdom and self improvement, another for work and career, a third for friends and kindness, a fourth for creativity, a fifth for health and harmony, a sixth for the family and society, a seventh for love and marriage, an eigth for fame and reputation and a ninth for money and fortune. Having 'karakieb' in the part of the house that happens to be related to creativity for example can block positive energy from flowing in that aspect of your life. As weird as all that sounds, the book gives examples of cases where the author gave consultancy for ppl to improve things in their lives by reordering things in their lives. The thing sounded really weird, but it actually got me convinced to start cleaning the room :D I went straight to my drawers; threw away like quarter of the make-up stuff there :D I really wondered why I'm keeping all these colors I don't like, all the broken lipsticks, all the dry
nail polish!! Not to mention of course all the broken accessories. What came next was the remains of my teenage years obsessions with the Backstreet boys :D OMG all these pics for BSB and Nick Carter!! I wonder why I kep them although I'm over that stage now (I guess it's a
case of clinging to the past, those sweet days of thanaweyya amma). Everyhting went straight to the rubbish bin with a biig smiile..!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home