Friday, April 07, 2006

A day not as boring

Yesterday was not as terrible as the day before it. It had a nice start, with Rain calling in to check after reading about all the stuff that'd been happening to me here. Grandma followed and then Suma, who was quite surprised as she didn't have the slightest idea. Umm.. my boss called too, telling me about this task he wants me to perform.. then asking me to do it on Saturday if possible!! From how my voice sounded it was quite clear I can't guarantee anything. I was able to lift my head out of bed, quite an advancement from the day before, so I logged in. I started my research about greek mythology, one certain myth I had started to write about, but realized I was unsure about some of the details. The search took me from Mythology to Salvador Dali paintings to... Freud.. All I have read or heard about the guy so far had been bits and pieces here and there, so I am not yet in position to form a complete image. Some of his conclusions really strike me. I mean poor Oedipus guy, and that Electra. I bet Ovid never suspected his heroes will ever by considered "Complexes" and for what.. I mean they didn't.. well I dunno how to put this, but Oedipus didn't even know that man he killed was his own dad and that lady was his Mum. Electra too, well her Mum killed her dad. Don't expect her to be so happy about it. It was all quite platonic, why make a big fuss out of it and transform all characters to "complexes". I really wonder how he proved his... theories. Where did he find all these people with all kinds of abnormalities, and research their backgrounds and find those common points, from where he could come out with credible conclusions. I personally prefer Jungian analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home