Saturday, October 14, 2006

Confused

One week ago I was feeling like I was re-born. That foot pain I'd been feeling for months was starting to disappear and I could stand freely once again, without having to keep track of how many seconds I'm standing, afraid I would hit the threshold at which it would start hurting again. But it seems like I was wrong. Not too long after that I could feel it all over again; the pain, the agony, the confusion, the feeling that I do not know what to do, and neither do the doctors. How I want to close my eyes then open them to find the whole nightmare over. Some think I am giving this too much of a value, and that foot pain is not really the kind of thing that's a 'life stopper', but for someone who's so in love with sports, who so much loves to move, it feels like the end of the world for me. I tried to look at the good side of it; it could be a chance for my life beat to cool down, listen to my inner voice and see what it has to say to me, may be consider it a chance for me to focus more on my work... But.. for how long, it started in April, and here I am now in October, that's six months and half. I cannot deny it had some good aspects to it. It enabled me to put things in their correct perspective, not let me feel the least annoyance in things that used to cut deeply before. It has warmed my heart with all the love and support I'm getting from my friends, family and co-workers. I guess too that it got me better spiritually, they say that pain is a purifier. There were too many drums banging before, and I wanted them there as a sort of distractors, but they got silent one after the other, giving me the chance to differentiate between what's real and what's fake. I want it over... yet at the same time I wonder why it'd started. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I wonder which of the reasons that keep roaming in my head is the real reason, I wonder what is the lesson I should be learning. I am afraid I'm such a slow student. I guess the purpose has not been fullfilled yet and the lesson had not been grasped, since this pain and confusion still linger on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home