Monday, April 03, 2006

Philosophy and Football

I don't know why I remembered this discussion with K yesterday. He was saying how eveyone has a refuge that helps him escape his problem. He gave football and its players as an example, and celebrity obsession in general. I started thinking about my own refuge. Since giving up the Backstreet Boys obsession at the age of 18 I guess I was never interested in anything of that kind. I do not know if it is appropriate to compare this to that, but I was wondering if I subconsciously use philosophy and psychology for that purpose myself, as a hiding place?! I mean, instead of mentioning the problem in its very simplistic form I keep philosophising about it. I make it a universal issue, think about it in its most general terms instead of focusing on the specific case of my own self. Not only that, but I get the Sun and the Moon into the issue, not to mention awakening lady Venus from her sleep. Lots and lots of talking about earth, water and fire.. and.. and.. and.. bringing more and more sophistication into my world and my issues... instead of solving them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home