Monday, January 23, 2006

Pieces of Me

Trying to collect those pieces of me. I need to go through this phase and learn its lessons. I need to grow out of it because I don't like it much. I know it's a necessity though. That little girl needs to learn how to be brave, how to be strong..

Midnight
Not a sound from the pavement
Has the moon lost her memory
She is smiling alone
In the lamplight
The withered leaves collect at my feet
And the wind begins to moan
Memory
All alone in the moonlight
Every street lamp seems to beat
A fatalistic warning
Someone mutters and the street lamp gutters
And soon it will be morning
Daylight
I must wait for the sunrise
I must think of a new life
And I mustn’t give in
When the dawn comes
Tonight will be a memory too
And a new day will begin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home